netflix?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

machew

Veteran
My problem with this, is my TV is a non smart, non HD TV. When you turn it off the temp in the room drops, and I need to put the heating on

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
That's an expensive method If you already have a spare Full HD non smart TV. Chromecast is about £35 notes and jobs a good'n

I did this when I demoted the Lounge TV to bedroom duties.
I had a chromecast but have forgotten how it works now, do you need a phone to use netflix with the chromecast?

If i was going to recommend buying one from scratch Id probably recommend the Amazon Fire Stick which has its own netflix app, plus, you get a remote and dont need your phone at all, although it does support casting also. It also supports kodi if you are prepared to delve a bit deeper, the stick is around £35.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I had a chromecast but have forgotten how it works now, do you need a phone to use netflix with the chromecast?
More accurately, you need a chromecasting device of some sort to send the media to your chromecast. That can be a phone, tablet, computer (etc etc).
If i was going to recommend buying one from scratch Id probably recommend the Amazon Fire Stick which has its own netflix app, plus, you get a remote and dont need your phone at all, although it does support casting also. It also supports kodi if you are prepared to delve a bit deeper, the stick is around £35.
We have a chromecast in one room (in a non-smart TV) and a "smart" Blu-Ray player linked to another non-smart tv in the other room.

The blu-ray and TV cost less than a smart TV with the same services.

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
More accurately, you need a chromecasting device of some sort to send the media to your chromecast. That can be a phone, tablet, computer (etc etc).
Thanks, in that case I'd stick with the Fire Stick, it does what the chromecast does but is standalone and doesnt need another device to work.