Never seen one before.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
Cubist said:
Best time to see wildlife is of course at night.

Saw a couple of otters once. That was very cool. We were looking for frogs so got more than we expected.

Back to moles, a previous cat brought one in once. He didn't harm it but he had it in the lounge and was giving it his best WTF? expression when I got in from work, I didn't even think of kissing it.
We used to find their paws on the fences near us after the molecatcher had strung them up for counting and paying.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Cubist said:
My mate who had never seen a deer in the wild before was abslutely speechless for a good while afterwards.

Seriously?? I see them from time to time, particularly up north where they are ten a penny, but you also get them here coming down from the surrounding contryside.
Buzzards are just as common around here as are the likes of Oystercatchers, peeping away to themselves.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
longers said:
Saw a couple of otters once. That was very cool. We were looking for frogs so got more than we expected.

Yeah, seen them up round the RAF Kinloss (or was it Lossimouth?) area once.

Somewhat surreal to see them complete with Tornados and the likes roaring past over head.

Back to moles, a previous cat brought one in once. He didn't harm it but he had it in the lounge and was giving it his best WTF? expression when I got in from work, I didn't even think of kissing it.
We used to find their paws on the fences near us after the molecatcher had strung them up for counting and paying.
Cats are an absolute menace to small animals and birds (so get yersel' a Dog instead!), but of course, it is us, Human being who are the most dangerous creatures of all!

Ranger

Nearly got offed by an owl (I think). Night time commute on a dark lane, so I had my head torch on as well and all I saw was a massive black shape appear to one side and disappear over my opposite shoulder, scared me witless

tyred

Legendary Member
Not sure what it was but saw a huge bird swoop down and pick up a hare from a field. Magnificent site.

Hont

Guru
Saw a whole family of weasels cross the road in front of me. Must have been at least 6 kits which looked like little twigs from a distance. I could hear them squeaking in the hedgerow as I passed where they'd gone in.

I also saw a Polecat, just sat in the middle of the road. He saw me and crouched down but didn't move a muscle as I passed him. I thought they were supposed to be shy and elusive, so it might have been a feral ferret with Polecat markings.

Update on my mole catching from post #9.
Managed to catch him in a flower pot after digging him out of the raised bed. He has now been re-housed about a mile away in a patch of grass by a field well away from anyones garden.
He was very sweet- when we tipped him out on the ground he did not run away but started digging a hole to escape.

rusky

CC Addict
Vidor06 said:
There are no moles in NI, I wonder did Saint Patrick drive them out when he was chasing off the snakes.

I remember B&Q stocking electronic mole repellers in their NI stores, someone made a booboo there :ohmy:

Top Bottom