Never to old to ride.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zipp2001

Veteran
Before covid I used to do a men's group trail ride where the local bike shop would give me as many demo bikes as I needed. Most guys who came out didn't have bikes and hadn't been on a bike since they were kids. The last time I did this was three years ago and Paul was one who came and also needed a demo bike. So, throughout the last three years we've talked off and on about Paul coming out for a ride and Paul kept talking about buying his own bike. You know how life goes and as we get older time seems to go by way to fast. Paul retired from work late last year and decided to buy a bike. He's been doing little rides around his neighborhood with his grandson, but no trail riding. I get a call Thursday from Paul asking if I still do half day Fridays and if I'm riding can he come along. I never pass up a chance to get someone out in my playground, so I let him know to meet me at Groton Town Forest. I figured this would be a great trail network to introduce Paul to the trail because it has a little of everything. We had a blast, and it was great seeing Paul get a little more comfortable as each mile passed by. I'm guessing it won't be three years before our next ride, and it's always great introducing a fellow old guy to this great sport.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRyZdcBmE8s

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Never too old to ride?

Caperider

Before covid I used to do a men's group trail ride where the local bike shop would give me as many demo bikes as I needed. Most guys who came out didn't have bikes and hadn't been on a bike since they were kids. The last time I did this was three years ago and Paul was one who came and also needed a demo bike. So, throughout the last three years we've talked off and on about Paul coming out for a ride and Paul kept talking about buying his own bike. You know how life goes and as we get older time seems to go by way to fast. Paul retired from work late last year and decided to buy a bike. He's been doing little rides around his neighborhood with his grandson, but no trail riding. I get a call Thursday from Paul asking if I still do half day Fridays and if I'm riding can he come along. I never pass up a chance to get someone out in my playground, so I let him know to meet me at Groton Town Forest. I figured this would be a great trail network to introduce Paul to the trail because it has a little of everything. We had a blast, and it was great seeing Paul get a little more comfortable as each mile passed by. I'm guessing it won't be three years before our next ride, and it's always great introducing a fellow old guy to this great sport.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRyZdcBmE8s

Nice trails!

Caperider

Nice u guys live in MA. We live on Cape Cod. We have tons of trails still that haven't been developed yet lol . we were in Lee mass. 2 weeks ago hiking up at Greylock . my wife got in touch with a friend I went to college with at Springfield Tech he lives in Pittsfield. It was a cool anniversary present !

OP
OP
Zipp2001

Zipp2001

Veteran
Nice u guys live in MA. We live on Cape Cod. We have tons of trails still that haven't been developed yet lol . we were in Lee mass. 2 weeks ago hiking up at Greylock . my wife got in touch with a friend I went to college with at Springfield Tech he lives in Pittsfield. It was a cool anniversary present !

I've cycled up Mt. Greylock many times with the road bike.

Caperider

Nice:smile:

Caperider

This is my woods beast .! Bertha! :smile: she takes me everywhere! Lol

Attachments

• 16868759151331217761858.jpg
    16868759151331217761858.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 14

Lee_M

Guru
I'm 61 and have been going out on the trails across the street from my house everyday for past 2 weeks with my wife we are having a blast and it feels great to be out on my salsa bucksaw .:smile:

61 here as well. Done 93 miles so far this week, another 30 planned for tomorrow.

All on road though, not keen on trails since my rib breaking experience, although tbh that was my fault not the trail (wasn't as good as I thought I was 🤣😭)

Caperider

I had to remove my dropper seat
post . its not dropping im thinking its going to need a rebuild. but its 7 yrs old and i only had to put air in it once. so no complaints . others say they get 2 yrs out of them before rebuilding ,so i got lucky !

Top Bottom