New ABBA tunes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Grant Fondo
Does it mean all the Abba tribute bands can 'let it lie' for a bit? Here's hoping ....

postman

Legendary Member
Love the songs,and I was never a fan.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
So not the music, not being a musician, not the camaraderie, but ABBA earning him so much money he doesn't have to worry about it? Fair play for being very honest. I think the only other person that honest was Richard Burton, who would happily claim he only did it for the flash cars and posh restaurants.
I dont think that is what he meant.
I listened to the Charlie Watts desert island disk tribute. Hechad a similar view. He would be just as happy in a little band playing jazz clubs, but the Stones gave him a far more comfortable life.

OP
OP
Grant Fondo
Er, the Beatles!

And Motorhead, Black Lace, Skinner and Baddiel...
LOL ... a regular sing-along at hen partys ....

If you like to gamble, I tell you I'm your man
You win some, lose some, all the same to me

The pleasure is to play, makes no difference what you say
I don't share your greed, the only card I need is the Ace of Spades
The Ace of Spades

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
There are so many Beatles songs on Sgt Peppers and after that I do not know. As for the rest, no idea.
Ah gaa do do do push pineapple shake the tree.
its a classic.

Seevio

Guru
I thought I would have a proper listen to the two songs. From what I have heard, while it is unmistakably ABBA, they would have been better off leaving their legacy unsullied.

I don't think they are cashing in. I think they genuinely want to make new music together. It's just that the creative spark may not be what it once was.

For a point of reference, I really dont like the bland disco of "Dancing Queen" or "Thank you for the music" but much prefer "Gimme gimme gimme" or "Voulez vous" from the same time. Also the later singles were good.

Top Bottom