New abuse...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cab

Stopped in an ASL on the way home yesterday. Car pulled up alongside me, in the ASL, straddling on to the wrong side of the road. Has clearly not stopped properly, he's still slowly rolling forward, and if he decides now to turn left (he isn't indicating that I can see) then I'll be in a pickle.

"Oi!" I yelled, "Do you know what you're doing? You know you're in a cycle box? Back off!". Loud enough to be heard through his window, not a scream or anything.

Wound his window down, said "Listen, I don't know how things work in Poland, but here we don't..." and then I have no idea what else he might have said. I was pointing and laughing at him too much.

Maz

Guru
Did you get the driver's reg, Mr.Olszewski?

Arch

Married to Night Train
Fantastic. The best reply would have been to put on your very best RP BBC accent and reply "Poland?! I'll have you know, I'm the Crown Prince of Tajikistan!" and ride off....

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
A bus driver today, wearing mirrored aviator sunglasses bowls across me while I'm turning right across 2 lanes to get to my local cycle route.
A WVM stopped to let me across and I had inched my way out giving the bus, in the bus lane, plenty of oppertunity to see me(I had the Ay Up's on to boot) and he just accelarated past me taking his hands off the wheel to shrug at me!

What's that all about then?

T x

Tetedelacourse

Next time, shout "Mein Gott, ich hette gerne eine wurst! Auf weidersehn mein fuhrer!". That'll teach em. You might get a sausage out of it too.

OP
OP
Cab

Cab

TheDoctor said:
I think the car guy used the Poland remark. Not certain though.

It was indeed the guy in the car who responded to me telling him to back off (as explained, he was edging past the cycle stop box I was in).

What precisely it is about me that come across as Polish (could it be my Geordie accent?) I don't know.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Cab said:
Wound his window down, said "Listen, I don't know how things work in Poland, but here we don't..." and then I have no idea what else he might have said. I was pointing and laughing at him too much.

Your Polish is improving then Cab...:wacko:

Top Bottom