New and First Cyclocross

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Took the plunge and just ordered myself one of these bad boys

Cannondale CaadX Sora 2013

56421_1_SuperSize.jpg

Howard

Racing or commuting? Works fine for both.

rams1de

Nice looking bike. Nearly bought one myself but ended up with a Giant TCX2. Good on a fair mix of terrain but I'm not getting along too well with the Sora group set, other road users can here me coming from a mile off as I clunk through the gears.

mustang1

Legendary Member
Congrats on new bike. How will you accessories it, getting mud guards for example? I bought a CX for commuting too and added guards and also swapped to road tires.

OP
OP
Kevin Alexander

Kevin Alexander

Veteran
Got some bad news today from Tredz, the cannondale is out of stock until late October so they have offered me the Roux Conqueest 3500, 2013 model which is retailing at £790. Seemed like a good deal so accepted
:biggrin:

OP
OP
Kevin Alexander

Kevin Alexander

Veteran
Even better news (In a thread on the general discussion board) but getting this delivered instead of the Roux - Original price of a bike 680 and getting this for a extra 20

Attachments

• Cannondale.jpg
    Cannondale.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 80

lesley_x

Über Member
Must admit I am loving my cyclocross bike, it's fantastic and somehow averages higher speeds than my road bike. Still can't work that one out? It's just so competent at everything.

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
I have the 2011 model, it's tiagra shod, and I've used it for racing so it's been upgraded a bit. The FSA cranks & BB were swapped out for Shimano (FSA are rubbish and it fell apart very quickly under harsh conditions), the brakes have been upgraded (the originals were like blocks of cheese) and the saddle (the rails broke on the original after about 1yr). Top bike for the cash. When it dies I'll swap it out for another CAADX, but with disc brakes...

Top Bottom