New Artist (Paul McCartney) discovered by Kanye West!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zizou

Veteran
The tweets that are quoted look like they are making a joke about it rather than being serious.

The joke is about Kanye West (or rather the persona he plays) rather than people just being ignorant.

Ian A

Über Member
The tweets that are quoted look like they are making a joke about it rather than being serious.

The joke is about Kanye West (or rather the persona he plays) rather than people just being ignorant.

At least one of them is a serial joker looking at old tweets. I can't believe I spent ten minutes on this while the kids were swimming ^_^.

Agree that there is nothing wrong with kids today not knowing who members of the Beatles are and this is a none story. I don't know anything about Eastenders or the shoe sizes of the members of One Direction. Important to some people, not others. As for some of the comments (not on here) about the kids tweeting, it's not a question of intelligence, just exposure and influence.

The real joke is Paul McCartney trying to get down with the kids and collaborating with Kanye West.

McCartney has not done anything of note since about 1969, he was awful in Wings and everything he has done post Beatles. He is just like one of those desperate actors who was in a sitcom 40 years ago and this is used on their credit when they appear in panto.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I quite like some of the Wings stuff. And I like Mull of Kintyre too, yeah.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Got gifted a Sir Paul biography a few years back (I do like a good bio)....sadly a musical hero was firmly put into the 'nobber' category.
Why do you think the first John Lennon album was played by the Beatles but with Klaus Voorman on bass.(an old mate from the Hamburg days)

MrPie

Telling it like it is since 1971
From a purist technical perspective, Paul, George & John couldn't really play or sing that well. They were OK at it in much the same way that good gigging musicans are OK at it. Ringo, on the the other hand, was a good drummer......really, he was. Now, as song writers......different story....they wrote some absolute stonkers.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
From a purist technical perspective, Paul, George & John couldn't really play or sing that well. They were OK at it in much the same way that good gigging musicans are OK at it. Ringo, on the the other hand, was a good drummer......really, he was. Now, as song writers......different story....they wrote some absolute stonkers.

I read that when Lennon was asked if Ringo was the best drummer in the world he replied "he's not even the best drummer in The Beatles".

Top Bottom