New Baby!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jdratcliffe

ok after 2 weeks battling with insurance people i got my chq for a replacement bike and and even longer 2 weeks waiting for a back order and having to use the train yesterday i picked her up and she is beautiful!!
I locked her up safe last night as didnt get a chance to fettle with positions and lights etc,gonna fettle and take her out tonight for a short spin to test everything ( and check shoulder will be ok for the 22miles each way) and so today is hopefully my last day on the train!!! :wahhey:

( short story she's a replacement for my one and only commuter a 2011 spesh allez 9 speed tiagra who i wrote off in a RTC 4 weeks ago and bruised couple of ribs and dislodged my shoulder)

Attachments

• bike 003.jpg
    bike 003.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 73
  • bike 001.jpg
    bike 001.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 68

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Looks very smart

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Does look nice.
Why have you locked it up to your stair bannisters.
Worried the missus is going to take it for a spin or summat?

Oh year.. get rid of this crappy reflectors. They are spoiling a very nice bike.

OP
OP
Jdratcliffe

Jdratcliffe

Does look nice.
Why have you locked it up to your stair bannisters.
Worried the missus is going to take it for a spin or summat?

Oh year.. get rid of this crappy reflectors. They are spoiling a very nice bike.

its locked inside the communal hallway ( as the bike shed is rubbish )

and its fresh from the shop so no fetterling yet to had no time last night due to baby being unwell which why i couldnt ride in today ;-(

OP
OP
Jdratcliffe

Jdratcliffe

have a question i have 105 drivetrain on this new bike but Tektro R540 Dual Pivot brakes are the 105 brakes much better ? how much would the upgrade cost? ( would like to have it all match)

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
have a question i have 105 drivetrain on this new bike but Tektro R540 Dual Pivot brakes are the 105 brakes much better ? how much would the upgrade cost? ( would like to have it all match)

A few of us having Tektro brakes on our Spesh bikes changed them for 105's.
I would say yes there is a difference in braking. 105's seem more assured with a more direct feel to the braking then the Tektros.

And at the end of the day it's nice to have the groupset matching on the bike.

You can get a pair of 105's from Merlin or Ribble for about £70.00 or if your lucky a cheaper unused pair on the Bay
Sell the Tektros which will bring the cost down.

OP
OP
Jdratcliffe

Jdratcliffe

A few of us having Tektro brakes on our Spesh bikes changed them for 105's.
I would say yes there is a difference in braking. 105's seem more assured with a more direct feel to the braking then the Tektros.

And at the end of the day it's nice to have the groupset matching on the bike.

You can get a pair of 105's from Merlin or Ribble for about £70.00 or if your lucky a cheaper unused pair on the Bay
Sell the Tektros which will bring the cost down.
Ok, cool umm looking around there seemingly loads of 105 brakes with numbers ( most commonly 5700) what do these stand for? mean?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Ok, cool umm looking around there seemingly loads of 105 brakes with numbers ( most commonly 5700) what do these stand for? mean?

It's the versions. 5700 are the current release.
Though 5600's are not that different even though they are a slightly older verison

Nearly there

Veteran
im assuming you mean "luck" and why? what was wrong with your wheels?
I can't believe I did that yes meant luck :blush: My rear wheel didn't last long I broke a spoke after 300 miles or so got it repaired and after another 100 miles broke another then again had it replaced.when I went to pick up the wheel the bike shop mechanic asked what bike the wheel belonged to as there was another couple of the same make in having the same repair done as mine,He also said the rim tape was very thin and was amazed that id never p*nct*red and advised me to get better rim tape.I bust another spoke again after only 50 miles or so and again took it to the Lbs and the mechanic advised me to get in touch with who sold me the bike and ask for wheel replacement as this frequent breaking shouldnt be happening.I contacted the place where I bought the bike from and they in turn contacted Cannondale who agreed to replace my wheelset and sent me a pair of Shimano's.Now bear in mind my bike is 2011 Synapse and maybe I was just unlucky with my wheel hence why I wished you look(luck):smile:Im sure everything will be fine and im looking at the caad 8 as my next bike .

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
I fitted 105's to my tektro equipped bike. Feels like I could easily chuck myself over the bars and has much better feel when braking. Just need to change the pads to salmons to get better wet braking

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom