New Bib Shorts Required - Advice pls?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi,

After an altercation with a hawthorn hedge yesterday I need to replace my Canondale bib shorts - if nothing else to cover the scratches. Great shame this, as they were my favourite - good for 50-70 miles a day.

Checking t'interweb I can't find Canondale bib shorts, and I already have a set of Enduras, which are not as comfortable and chafe after about 30 miles. I have a set of Trek longs, and they are very comfortable, but again can't find a short pair (discontinued!)

Everything that looks as though it might fit the bill seems to be 'discontinued'.

The Canondales were a chance buy, and have proved to be perfect - but I can't find them now. Any suggestions for <£75?

I need a jersey too - but the choice seems a bit easier! Expensive outing that.....

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Wonderful stuff, hawthorne:biggrin:

Anyway, see thread here: https://www.cyclechat.net/

OP
OP
andytheflyer
Thanks Ianrauk - unfortunately the Domestique's I had are discontinued.

Thx Gerry - as a Yellowbelly I don't remember too much hawthorn in the Fens! Didn't spot the earlier post - maybe that accounts for why I still don't know how I ended up in the hedge, middle of nowhere, pootling, all I remember is thinking 'This is going to hurt' about a half a second before it did hurt....

Wonder what else I haven't seen.....

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
andytheflyer said:
Thanks Ianrauk - unfortunately the Domestique's I had are discontinued.

Thx Gerry - as a Yellowbelly I don't remember too much hawthorn in the Fens! Didn't spot the earlier post - maybe that accounts for why I still don't know how I ended up in the hedge, middle of nowhere, pootling, all I remember is thinking 'This is going to hurt' about a half a second before it did hurt....

Wonder what else I haven't seen.....

No fens around the Wolds, Andy. Funny enough (and touch wood), my only excursions through hawthorne have been from a motorcycle.......in Northumberland!

I was just thinking this morning how nice the hawthorn blossom was. But that aside, I bought some Giordana shorts last year after a C+ recommendation and have found them very comfortable. dhb always get the thumbs up here too.

OP
OP
andytheflyer
Thx Johnr. Wiggle didn't have any of the base model in my size, so have ordered some Lusso's instead - we will see how comfortable they are. Didn't fancy paying £80 for the next model up only for another hedge to claim another scalp....

Oh, and the hawthorn wasn't in blossom - just yawning thorns as I inexorably headed their way!

Top Bottom