new bike, but stuck on set up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arron

Hi guys i am very new to cycling and have very little experience/knowledge and i am stuck on how to set my bike up for my riding position, i have set my seat up but need to alter the handlebars but dont know how, i have a 2013 claude & butler, San Remo (Road bike), could anyone give me some advice on this please thank you!

Perhaps your best source of information would be Youtube, there are some good tutorials there for general bike setup.

400bhp

Guru
Are you referring to setting up the correct position of the parts, or actually moving the parts themselves?

OP
OP
A

Arron

i have everything set up except for my handlebars i need to raise them up a couple of inches but dont know how i have undone all the bolts but all i can do is take the bars off not raise them up

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Assuming it's as new, you could start by flipping the stem - that will give you at least an inch and maybe enough. Undo cap, remove any spacers, take the front plate off the stem, let the handlebars dangle a while, loosen the bolts holding the stem to the headset, turn it upside down and put things back in reverse order. If there is a spacer above the cap, this can be replaced first so the stem rests on this, i.e. a little higher, and it will give you another bit of extra height. If that isn't enough, you may need a different stem - there are some which rise quite sharply.

Top Bottom