New bike computer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dubuy

Regular
So my Garmin edge 500 gave up today im looking for a replacement..id like it to sync to my garmin speed/cadence sensors other than that just the basic speed distance heart rate stuff anyone got suggestions on a decent cheap replacement thanks in advance.

Sharky

Guru
In what way has it given up?
No expert on the 500's, but my 200 model was playing up and I needed to delete some of the history and it was ok again.

OP
OP
D

dubuy

Regular
The charge goes really really quick so most of my rides aren't recorded.Ive had it since they first came out so I don't mind having to get a replacement just cant afford a really expensive one at the min.

Sharky

Guru
I believe you can get replacement battery kits. Might be a bit fiddly, but I think somebody on here has done one.

vickster

Legendary Member
The charge goes really really quick so most of my rides aren't recorded.Ive had it since they first came out so I don't mind having to get a replacement just cant afford a really expensive one at the min.
What’s your budget?

vickster

Legendary Member

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Bought a new battery for my 200 off the bay for a tenner, took it to one of those local dodgy looking phone shop places and he replaced the battery for me for a another tenner.
200 is like brand new.

nickAKA

Über Member
A-game - wahoo elemnt/bolt.
Budget option - 2nd hand Lezyne off ebay. They go for no money at all and features-wise there's nothing to touch them for anything like the price, just make sure you get one with bluetooth and Ant+ ... The early models were bluetooth only, Ant+ was added later, the later Ant+ models say 'enhanced' on the front.

EDIT - the bluetooth is flakey to put it mildly on the early models IME

Top Bottom