New bike for 15 mile commute

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lostinlondon

Hey all. So I've moved to outskirts of London. Used to used a small foldable bike but not great for moderately hilly area I'm now in.

Will have a 15 mile commute each way. Just not sure what to get! Budget of £1,000.

Any help appreciated!

Availability will be the main factor. Bikes are in short supply.

Other than that - make sure it can take full mudguards and stout tyres and you're good to go.

Do you need a rack on the back for clothes etc ?

Brooks

Have a look at the spa cycles steel tourer, you can choose whatever bars suit you best and I'm sure you can add a Dynamo hub and lights front and rear and you'll remain in budget.

si_c

Guru
Any bike that fits will happily do that commute, I'd suggest mudguards are essential and disc brakes are a strong like. Also consider maintainability - chain availability for example as you'll need to keep on top of it especially if you ride in all weather.

Trek have their Domane AL3 which would be a good option if you can find it in stock anywhere, as with most bikes you'll struggle with availability at present.

vickster

Legendary Member
Any bike that fits will happily do that commute, I'd suggest mudguards are essential and disc brakes are a strong like. Also consider maintainability - chain availability for example as you'll need to keep on top of it especially if you ride in all weather.

Trek have their Domane AL3 which would be a good option if you can find it in stock anywhere, as with most bikes you'll struggle with availability at present.
Balfes have 54 & 56 in stock, but there’s only a fiver left in budget for accessories!

Top Bottom