New Bike for the Newbie from Bolton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paul H

I'm very excited:hyper:as I'm off to Paul Hewitt Cycles to pick up my new bike tomorrow morning:wahhey:

I have bought my helmet, shoes, shorts etc. and spent a small fortune:cry: ...is this what its always going to be like??? I suspect so:rolleyes:

Planned a short route for when I get home of about 2 miles on fairly flat roads just to get the hang of riding a bike again, but with cleats this time:unsure: ...then back home and if I feel up to it I may go on a slightly longer route (5 miles) later, but definitley on Saturday and Sunday.

This 5 mile run is going to be home lap to measure my progress over the next six months as it goes up some fairly steep roads:ohmy:but luckily I'll get a nice run coming back down the other way:laugh:

I'll post tomorrow to let you know how I get on...assuming I get any sleep tonight :tired:

vickster

Legendary Member
What bike? Enjoy :bicycle:

OP
OP
Paul H

Paul H

Never heard of that bike before, looked it up and woooooah! That's a nice looking bike! :eek:

I took Mr Hewitt's advice a lot in choosing it.

He told me how comfortable Ti bikes are to ride (great as I expect a sore behind very soon), along with the fact the it doesn't rust, but the clincher for me was that if (when) I fell off it I can use wire wool to get rid of the scratches and that the frame is guaranteed for life and if I sell it in the future I can send it back to VN who will check it over and issue a guarantee to the new owner...can't say fairer than that^_^

Top Bottom