New bike help needed.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cyclist33

i should think its ok but you dont get much for 150 new. its a shame coz there is such a markup for profit, a bike that RRPs for 300 probably costs the dealer half that.

i am of the school of thought that suspension is unnecessary for all but the most serious off road riding and is in most cases, and certainly on a 150-300 quid bike, a hindrance rather than a help. big fat tyres on a hybrid frame with plenty of wheel clearance will see you right and be much better for the road bits.

Cyclist33

how tall are you?

OP
OP
N

Nathan182

ahh right okay so what size should I go for? it has medium and large? medium: 1.66-1.75 m Large: 1.76-1.80 m

Whatever that means haha any help? im assuming I would go for large?

I'm no expert, see my thread on bike sizing for proof but i'm 5ft 10 ish and i've just bought a medium Giant. Get a lbs to size you properly though, as soon as you sit on the right size frame they will know.

Cyclist33

soz. i found a couple of great options on ebay but theyd be far too small!

you sound like a large but then, some medium frames suit 6.1 so ,, you would need to try them ouut!

im of the view better a smaller size than a bigger
one.

you see now why you need a cyclist friend with you!!
stu

hobbitonabike

Formerly EbonyWillow
It is a minefield but it's definitely worth it to take your time getting the right bike. When you buy and sit on it for your first ride and you know it's the right one it is worth it. Better than that moment you're dragging round a bike you wish you hadn't bought!!

Top Bottom