New Bike is Ready!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Should have it on Saturday...

raleighnut

Legendary Member

OP
OP
R

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
So, some more specs musings and history for the curious.

Materials: 953 build, the top tube is, I'm informed, the exact longest they go to in 953. All fillet brazed.
The headset and hubs are Hope.
Bars, stem, seatpost Ritchey
Groupset all Ultegra
The fork is actually a late change - the original was a Colombus carbon fork more in a classic style but unfortunately turns out not available in long enough steerer, hence carbon bladed fork shown.
DT Swiss rims, asymettric rear
Tyres 28mm Corsas
Saddle is just for the pictures - I have my own to fit when I get it.

I've not yet seen it of course, posted the pics last night when I got them.

The intention was for the "best" (obviously subjective) bike for day rides I could get done bespoke to my rather outlandish dimensions. I wanted something with great performance and also showing craftsmanship and elegance, to bring me joy for the rest of my cycling days.

Swallows actually built our tandem (not for us originally) a quarter of a century ago, and getting that refurbished provided the impetus for this build. I had a bike fit with Rob Wade at Swallows which turned into something more like a half day tutorial in framebuilding lore. I was originally more on the page of polished lugged construction but decided on fillet brazed in the end, a rather more modern look to my eye. Rob reckons there is little or no difference in performance or weight, so it's an aesthetic choice. Rob/Swallows have been great, but not the place to go if you want something rapidly - this was originally ordered late 2018...

I've realised I've completely forgotten bottle cages - any recommendations?

vickster

Legendary Member
Lezyne silver bottle cages :okay:
https://winstanleysbikes.co.uk/lezyne-cnc-alloy-bottle-cage (I have on my Genesis and they are spot on for holding bottles :okay: )

These are tasty too if you want a bit more trad
https://www.sigmasports.com/item/Arundel/Stainless-Steel-Bottle-Cage/16GN

That's a VERY pretty bike :wub:

Last edited:

BigMeatball

I like everything apart from the coloured handlebar stem, but that's just personal preference.

Enjoy the bike :okay:

Top Bottom