New bike not vintage but retro

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jamieyorky

Veteran
Hi guy's ive been after a old Raleigh Supurbe for ages, this came up for sale last week so i bought it, its not vintage but i like it. Ride's lovely.

DSC_0244.JPG
$_58 (2).JPG
$_58 (2).JPG

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Very Nice. :becool:

Slioch

Guru
I like the look of that. Needs a basket on the front though just to round things off. And that's a very large bell you've got there.

OP
OP
Jamieyorky

Jamieyorky

Veteran
Tell us more! AW3 speed hub, 590 tyres, Brooks saddle? What year is it? Where was it sold? Any work to do?

Its actually a 5 speed, with roller brakes and dynamo hub.
Bought it from gumtree, it was 50 miles away but the owner brought it up for me, all ive had to do is tighten the rear hub on it as i dont thing he new about them and was loose.

The Brooks is a B33 with the large spring on the front.

Year wise i'd think its a 2011 but not sure.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Its actually a 5 speed, with roller brakes and dynamo hub.
Bought it from gumtree, it was 50 miles away but the owner brought it up for me, all ive had to do is tighten the rear hub on it as i dont thing he new about them and was loose.
Very nice. When a hub-gear bike turns up on gumtree, it's often sold by someone unfamiliar with them. I always think my AW3 is a bit loose, but it doesn't seem to tighten up as much as other hubs. I'm not sure if they're usuallly like that.

Enjoy it! Keep the rubber side down!

OP
OP
Jamieyorky

Jamieyorky

Veteran
Yeah, that'll work nicely.

Would you be riding it into the centre of York much? I'll keep an eye out for it.

These are the ones,
Screenshot_2015-03-05-11-41-19.png

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
It is an old brown leather BR Guard's/Driver's bag. It is long, narrow, has a solid base so keeps it's shape, and, well, it is underused.

It also isn't in the world's best condition, and the interior/compartmets were ripped out before I got it to create one big space in it, although it does still look great when all polished up, that leather does look good!!

Top Bottom