New bike opinions please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BianchiVirgin

Über Member
Looking at the following as options to pick one:
BMC SLR01 Five with new Di2 12 sp
De Rosa Merak with Campy Chorus 12 sp (but mechanical)
Basso Diamanté SV with new Di2 12 sp

All similar in price and delivery and 2022 models
All similar in geometry and "style" of frame
All are a bit different from main stream Giant/ Trek etc brands. I really like Campy as a brand and consider it to be much better than Shimano (certainly on mech equivalent groupsets), for the most part. However, I converted my current Bianchi to Di2 Ultegra 18 months ago, and have to admit its pretty damn good and does what is supposed to do, all the time.

Opinions appreciated please, other than "ride each one and pick the one you like best", as that's a given.

On looks alone I prefer the De Rosa

vickster

Legendary Member
If price, geometry, style and spec same, go with the one that feels best to ride and you prefer aesthetically :okay:

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Shimano on Italian (branded) road bikes is a bit wrong, imho. That being said I am a Shimano fan boi and would almost certainly go for one of the Di2 equipped bikes. Will wait for links before adding further :okay:

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Second hand is worth a look.

OP
OP
BianchiVirgin

BianchiVirgin

Über Member
Forgot to mention

Basso colour in Chameleon
BMC is that nice silver/ Champagne
De Rosa in either Blue (the dark one) or the Sky Blue/White
Indeed, not so much the frame but all the components (as those are manufacturer links and not retailer links)
I haven't finalised on retailers yet. Deliveries are all 2-3 months, which is expected and fine. I'm in no hurry. There is a Basso in stock in a warehouse in England somewhere and trying to get the exact details on it such as crank and cassette.

Alex321

Veteran
They are all nice, all way out of my price bracket :smile:
Personally, I prefer the look of the Basso. It also depends what components you can get them with, and what roads you want to ride on - from the links, the BMC comes with 52/36 & 11-30, the De Rosa 52/36 and 11-28, and the Basso 50/34 and 11-32. But I suspect all should be available with other combinations, at that price.

I would be looking for 50/34 and 11-32, but I'm an old and fairly heavy bloke with a lot of (small) hills round here.

Top Bottom