New bike opinions please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
is the bmc a combi stem/ bar job?
my only concern would be getting your fit spot on if it is, i know the others are aero stems but i assume you can different length stems even if they could be expensive ( mind you compared to the cost of the bike not too bad)

OP
OP
BianchiVirgin

BianchiVirgin

Über Member
Indeed - be high summer imo before 12 speed Di2 bikes are available to buy.

I wouldn't be parting with any cash on a promised delivery date in the current climate.
All are available. De Rosa have Campy parts. The Basso is already in England somewhere warehoused and the BMC is en route. Anything not currently available for Shimano components there's a wait if at least May for deliveries, given that Shimano serves about 90% of the world market!

OP
OP
BianchiVirgin

BianchiVirgin

Über Member
is the bmc a combi stem/ bar job?
my only concern would be getting your fit spot on if it is, i know the others are aero stems but i assume you can different length stems even if they could be expensive ( mind you compared to the cost of the bike not too bad)
Its the "new" ICS stem. Lengths are available but it is built with 100mm. Easy enough to change but a bit pricey.

OP
OP
BianchiVirgin

BianchiVirgin

Über Member
Yes, the BMC certainly ticks the boxes. Only downside I'm aware being reported is that their own wheels, CRD I think they are, are considered to be mediocre, but a very simple fix technically. The Four model and above have better wheels.

monkers

Veteran
I've heard that the BMC is a hard ride and fatiguing on long rides. Basso make their own frames in Italy, so that's pretty cool and they are beautifully finished. I've previously coveted De Rosa bikes before. Of the 3 I'd choose the Basso.

Just to complicate matters, I'd suggest taking also taking a look at the Orro Signature Venturi range. I have an Orro Gold STC - more a bike for sportives, but it's beautifully finished and the ride is sublime. Orro are made in Ditchling (the home of one the UK iconic hill climb races which they sponsor) in the south east- made from a unique UK supplied carbon with a choice of groupsets including Campag Chorus, SRAM Force, SRAM Red, Ultegra Di2 and Dura Ace Di2.

https://www.orrobikes.com/shop/signature-bikes/signature-venturi-stc/400

vickster

Legendary Member
Some Orro models use pressfit BBs...these seem to have the BB86 which could be PF? I'd want to be very sure I wouldn't get a creaky BB on a 5k+ bike!

monkers

Veteran
Some Orro models use pressfit BBs...these seem to have the BB86 which could be PF? I'd want to be very sure I wouldn't get a creaky BB on a 5k+ bike!
I think all of the Orro range use pressfit, so I agree that those who fear it should look elsewhere. Two of my bikes have pressfit bbs, so far without problems. I am happy to service a bb so it doesn't matter as much to me as maybe it will to someone who has to pay someone else to service it.

Top Bottom