New bike pic and first ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Longroad

Regular
image.jpg
Well the journey has begun. Collected my bike this morning and took it out for first ride. Oh my god!!!!!! I'm pleased to say it's still in one piece and so am I although in a bit of pain :laugh:

image.jpg

Doobiesis

Über Member
Nice Marin bike and you'll kor be able to walk for a week with saddle pain. Well done and welcome to the lovely world of cycling :smile:

Doobiesis

Über Member
Btw, that's a lot of calories for a 25 min cycle. I went out for 2 hours yesterday and all mine said was 800! What program you using, might give me more calories lol.

OP
OP
L

Longroad

Regular
Lol it is cycle master. Is calories burnt related to weight / bmi as I'm very overweight so it could be that?? Although the way I feel I thought it was around 1000 calories :laugh:

Doobiesis

Über Member
Lol it is cycle master. Is calories burnt related to weight / bmi as I'm very overweight so it could be that?? Although the way I feel I thought it was around 1000 calories :laugh:

Yes the first few cycles you'll do will be loads of calories, but it'll even itself out. It stops you eating things once you realise 1 hour of cycling is the calories for a chocolate bar or cake you think no way!

Yes the first few cycles you'll do will be loads of calories, but it'll even itself out. It stops you eating things once you realise 1 hour of cycling is the calories for a chocolate bar or cake you think no way!
No it doesn't according to my Garmin (which i guess overestimates) is 34,630 cals of which lets say 20% are fat cals or nearly 7,000 fat cals thats 2lb of fat lost, my average cals according to the unit are about 55/mile or 833/hr, this is on a variety of rides (only road though), but averaging 36.75miles/day over 17 days climbing an average of just short of 1,500ft a day.

@Longroad hope you have great fun on your bike, as @Doobiesis pointed out, the rate you use calories will change, as you get fitter, you will use more fat calories than carbs, because your H.R. will be lower, so the fitter you become the easier it is to lose weight. To get more accurate readings you need things like H.R. monitors ect.... so just use them as a rough guide, don't get hung up on them.

OP
OP
L

Longroad

Regular
Ok managed to get out on bike again now healed. I never had my bike seat correctly set and caused myself way to much pain on first ride. Anyway second went much better and now feeling confident I have the bike set correctly :rolleyes:

Nice flat route to build confidence and actually felt I was making some progress

image.jpg

Doobiesis

Über Member
Ok managed to get out on bike again now healed. I never had my bike seat correctly set and caused myself way to much pain on first ride. Anyway second went much better and now feeling confident I have the bike set correctly :rolleyes:

Nice flat route to build confidence and actually felt I was making some progress

View attachment 85168

Right that's it, I'm coming out with you. I much prefer your stats lol. Well done - glad it was a better cycle :smile:

OP
OP
L

Longroad

Regular
:laugh::laugh:

Yes definitely much better and felt really good after it. I know it's not far but very early days. Got a buzz now as I know the reason for initial injury was not being set right.

Can't wait to get out tommorrow :okay:

Sim2003

View attachment 85168
How is the riding now m8 ? You sorted out the riding position now as Doobiesis said those "few mm" can make all the difference took me a good few rides and fiddling to find out how I liked it most.

Top Bottom