New Bike Purchase Bay Area, Fremont

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

atlantis

Hi !
I have a friend visiting the US, and he wishes to buy a Cyclocross, although it would be mostly ridden on tarmac. He will be staying in Fremont, and wanted to buy and ride it there. He will be using the bike there after which he would need to have it packed .

My query can you please guide me as to which LBS can he visit, someone who is knowledgeable about bike fit as well as guide him accordingly.

thks

vickster

Legendary Member
Hi there. This is primarily a UK based site, so it’s unlikely anyone will have in depth knowledge of an LBS in a specific US location. He might be best to find a US Cycling website
@Gravity Aided may be able to assist

Or compile a list of shops via Google plus reviews and see what brands/models they offer.

Is he in the UK? He could scope models before travelling, they aren’t very different other than perhaps colour and he can check that on the US brand websites

Last edited:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
This is one of those situations where I might travel a wee bit away from Frisco to buy a bicycle, as the cost and standard of living in that area are quite high as opposed to the rest of the U.S.. Urban Bike Fitters is the only place I'm aware of out there, so YELP is a good idea. Beautiful area, mind.

Last edited:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Wish you luck with your bike shopping @atlantis . If he wants to take it home with him keep the box it would have come in from the shop, you can easily repack it and secure it with tape. I assume he’ll be traveling by air so he can check it in as part of his baggage allowance, shouldn’t be overweight for one bag.
Anything else you want to know just ask.

Good luck.

Top Bottom