New bike purchase thisevening

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trigger369

Über Member
Might get the chance to go an get ma first new road bike later today . Have a budget of £650max . Was set on Triban 540 because of what you get for the money . Knowing my luck they won't have a med in stock . If not should I order and wait on one comming of go to halfords an buy a Boardman road sport . What would u do ?

Drago

Legendary Member
I'd scour Evans and Wiggles websites for traces of last years £1000 bikes selling this year for barely half that. Paul's Cycles can also be good pickings.

OP
OP
Trigger369

Trigger369

Über Member
The problem is there is far too many to choose from. Just a quick look there on evans they have nice stuff on sale tho most around 650 price all come equip with Claris group set and the Triban has 105 .

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
I would worry less about the groupset it comes with and make sure you get something with a quality frame - this will be what makes or breaks the longevity of the bike and whether it rides like a disgruntled washing machine.
So something like the Giant Contend 1 2017 which is £725 down to £575 on Tredz gives you change to get a few toys for it and comes with a well proven frame (this used to belong to the Defy range before they went all carbon) and is largely Sora. Here

OP
OP
Trigger369

Trigger369

Über Member
Well decathlon didn't have the Triban in stock . So was looking on line . What about this Cannondale I do like the look of it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170808-231032.png
    Screenshot_20170808-231032.png
    72.4 KB · Views: 42
Top Bottom