New bike! (Question about clicky noise and squeaky brake.)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My guess (and anything over the 'net is a guess) would be that the chain might be ever so fractionally too taut.

It doesn't make immediate sense but that can cause the pedals turning whilst pushing the bike effect

OP
OP
T

taxing

I went back to the shop today and the guy said that he'd rang the manufacturer, who had never known this bike to have this problem before. He's sending out a brand new wheel for it, which will hopefully arrive tomorrow. If this doesn't work then I'll just have to leave it and hope it wears in by itself.

Beardie

:evil:If it's a cliquey noise rather than merely clicky, it's probably been too close to Cyclechat.:ohmy:

Regards the squeaky front brake, I have found this to be a good thing. Horseriders often don't notice your approach, but object to the sound of a bicycle bell (more than the horses do, actually) and claim that your voice couldn't be heard.
The squeal of the brake, however, can be passed off as unintentional and unavoidable, seeing as you had to slow down for them, and they find it more difficult to complain.

Top Bottom