New bike thoughts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nearly there

Veteran
I currently have a cannondale synapse 58cm but want to use this for commuting duties so I'm looking at a new good bike for the spring and I'm drawn towards a caad12 105 or a Tcr advanced 1/2 but looking at the reach on the Dale and giant its a few cm longer than my synapse so should I opt for a smaller frame to make the reach the same as my synapse?

vickster

Legendary Member
I currently have a cannondale synapse 58cm but want to use this for commuting duties so I'm looking at a new good bike for the spring and I'm drawn towards a caad12 105 or a Tcr advanced 1/2 but looking at the reach on the Dale and giant its a few cm longer than my synapse so should I opt for a smaller frame to make the reach the same as my synapse?
Go try them out. Only you can know what size or bike will be optimal for you :okay: it's not only reach that affects bike fit, stack, top tube, seat tube, BB height, crank length, bar width etc

The two you are looking at are more racy geometry wise than the 'endurance' Synapse so you need to see if that's what you want/like

The key geometric parameters that will give you the best comparison of how each bike will fit, relative to each other, are Stack and Reach. The other parameters are not quite as critical as those two, regarding non adjustability, in relation to fit.

Top Bottom