New bike toss up

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by blown out the back, 17 Jul 2012.

1. blown out the back

blown out the back New Member

Hi iam new to road cycling 40 ish and 19ish stone had a specialized secteur comp with 105 running gear loved it but car cost a fortune on the mot so it had to go broke my heart anyhoo,, i have quit the fags and iam looking for a new bike budget 1250ish narrowed down to two bikes first specialized roubaix compact/tiagra set up or ribble gran fondo 105 set up,the bike needs to be comfy i only commute to work 10 mile round trip and maybee 10-20 miles on days off any idears would be great thanks again,,steve,,

2. Having ridden my mates Ribble Gran Fondo, I would have no hesitation recommending it.

3. jowwy

jowwy The bearded Powerhouse

i seen a ribble gran fondo on the weekend on a club run, looks stunning in the flesh

4. John_c

John_c Active Member

Having just recently bought the Ribble Evo Pro Carbon with 105 groupset for £1k I have to say Im very impressed. Had I had more money I would have gone for the Gran Fondo....

5. vickster

vickster Legendary Member

Colleague of mine has one - uses it for a daily commute through London. The only thing he says is he wishes he'd gone for a triple rather than a compact groupset

Had some problem or other with the wheels when it arrived

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice