1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New bike touring website

Discussion in 'Touring and Adventure Cycling' started by raybo, 12 Nov 2007.

1. raybo

raybo Well-Known Member

I have created an on-line bike touring archive that is indexed so information on particular topics is easy to find. The archive is indexed by location and topic and can be searched by either or both. Currently, there are about 400 entries on over 50 countries.

The archive is designed so anyone can enter information into it after a free registration. Check out www.biketouringtips.com.

Ray

2. raybo

raybo Well-Known Member

As a New Year's update, the archive now has over 600 entries on over 70 countries.

Ray

3. jay clock

jay clock Massive member

excellent site. thanks for that. lots of useful links for New Zealand where I am off soon

Jay

4. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

it is an excellent site..I am going to spend more time there.

5. raybo

raybo Well-Known Member

As an update, the site now has over 1000 entries on 87 countries.

In addition, there has been a major upgrade to the interface that allows you to read the entries without having to create a new browser page every time.

Ray

6. raybo

raybo Well-Known Member

I've just added Bike Touring Journals to the site. At present, the only Journals available are my own. When I am sure they are working properly, I will install the code that will allow anyone to create Journals on the site.

I'd appreciate any feedback you'd like to offer on the new journals and how they work.

Thanks,

Ray

7. raybo

raybo Well-Known Member

Not only have I added all my bike touring journals to the site, including my most recent 2-week trip around Switzerland, now anyone can create a journal there after a free registration.

The site now has 1450 entries.

Ray