new bike with a problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

surfdude

Veteran
i brought a a new bike from e.bay from a reputable cycle on line shop for £799 3 months ago . the frame has a life time guarantee and i have noticed some paint is coming off . do i contact the shop or the manufacturer to get it sorted . i dont want my money back as the bike is so good apart from this .

Do I contact the shop or the manufacturer to get it sorted?
In the first instance you should contact the seller.

OP
OP
surfdude

surfdude

Veteran
Where is the point coming off? Is it down to cable rub?
no , its in lots of places . some where cables rub but its only done 400 miles and its down to the base layer all ready :sad: . where the seat clamp fits all the paint has come off and the area around the rear derailleur hanger bolts has come away .

BAtoo

Über Member
i brought a a new bike from e.bay from a reputable cycle on line shop for £799 3 months ago . the frame has a life time guarantee and i have noticed some paint is coming off . do i contact the shop or the manufacturer to get it sorted . i dont want my money back as the bike is so good apart from this .

Shop, (not fit for purpose) and distance selling regs probably apply too, maybe also your credit card people if you (sensibly) bought it that way.

FWIW I've previously bought a few bikes from Wiggle, two of which developed paint defects after between 12 and 18 months, (both were from the same manufacturer but were different bikes).

Wiggle sent me a bike box on each occasion, and once I'd notified them the bike was packed up they arranged to collect it.

Each bike was stripped down by Wiggle, the frameset was sent back to the manufacturer, and after inspection a new frameset was duly dispatched back to them. Wiggle then re-built the bikes each time and sent them back to me.

Everything was covered and despite the small hassle of packing the bike I was not put out in anyway what so ever.

I'd guess some other online retailers match this service, some may better it in somehow, and others may fall short of it, but you will need to return it to them one way or another.

Top Bottom