New bike!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

328isport

Regular
Well new to me anyway :-) my first road bike.. and proper bike really! It's an 80's Raleigh Elan frame which has been fully rebuilt and powder-coated, mixture of exage and tiagra components, new wheels, conti Ultra tyres, charge seat.. all done by the last owner not me! pretty happy with it :biggrin:

newbikeMedium.jpg

I want to update it abit more in a few areas though, can someone tell me what size diameter steerer i need to be looking at to replace the forks with carbon ones? Also think i'm going to go for a carbon seat post.

Cheers,

Dan

that's a 1" steerer - carbon 1" forks may not be the easiest things to find. You'll need a new headset as well...

OP
OP

328isport

Regular
Cheers all! Black n yellow yes i think your right, i've found a new set of carbon 1" forks unthreaded so i think thats the way forward.
Eshroom i paid £180 for it, i was looking at the lower end new bikes, so carrera TDF or the Decathlon thats been getting really good reviews, but i really didnt want to spend that much so to get something pretty much unique and keeping £120 in my pocket was a result for me!

Top Bottom