New bike!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe

Über Member
Just got myself a Scott CR1 Team:biggrin:

Down from £1400 to £1100. Full carbon, 105 stuff, way stiff and light compared to my old bike!

Not 100% on this Shimano business yet, but it's all good. The pros don't get to choose!

Pics to come when she's all dialed in and that.

That is all:biggrin:

Sound nice Joe, I can't wait to see the pics

OP
OP
J

Joe

Über Member
longers said:
Excellent Joe - I expect to see you in front of me on Cyclogs soon then :sad:.
Hopefuly! My miles have dropped off massively this month. Partly due to being so irritated with my old bike and having some back problems, and partly due to completing the big sportive I was training for.
New bike should mean getting my cycling mojo back and big miles again:biggrin:

One annoying thing I've noticed since I've got it home though...the inner tube valves have no thread on and therefore no nut to stop them rattling about. That's not right surely? Gonna have to swap them out.

Danny

Legendary Member
Wow - nice bike and good bargain.

I have some inner tubes like that (bought in error actually:blush:). I think the idea is that you save on weight by not having the nut. Once the tube is fully inflated it doesn't rattle around, but I still worry that it might let in water.

OP
OP
J

Joe

Über Member
Ah ok. Is there no chance of noise from the valves if the tyres are pumped up properly then? The bike seemed a bit too noisy on the worse bits of road this afternoon and I assumed it was coming from them...
New bike paranoia maybe?

OP
OP
J

Joe

Über Member
Turns out there was a touch of play in the front hub. Rather annoying as it's brand new and the lbs where I bought it is not actually local, but I think I've sorted it.

Switched out the handlebars for some narrower ones and added a slightly shorter stem. Will probably change them again for some OS ones at some point as they look a bit silly on such a fat bike. Put my arione on too.
Gonna get a wireless computer too I think.

Full carbon frame with alloy spacers:blush:

Off for a quick spin before the tour now:biggrin:

Top Bottom