New bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Warren.s

Hi, decided I defiantly won't a new road bike to use this summer on a century ride I am sign'd up for. I completed it last year on a hybrid boardman but won't something better for this year. I have defiantly got the cycling bug. I have had a look around and quite like the look and reviews of fuji road bikes. Has anyone had any experience of them ?

Thank you in advance.

vickster

Legendary Member
Pretty sure Evans sell them, get a test ride. This is a way to tell whether you like the bike and whether it's the one for you on a long ride

What model considering, what budget?

OP
OP
Warren.s

Warren.s

Budget is between 1 and 1.5K possibly a little more for the right bike. Would ideally like a carbon frame of something light.
Like the look of the sportif and GranFondo models. Only other bike that caught my eye is a
Pinarello FP Uno Carbon Tiagra 2013 Road Bike. Apart from that I'm a bit stuck. Completely open to ideas and it's a bit of a minefield being a novice. Any ideas greatly appreciated. :-)

SteCenturion

I am your Father
What size are you so we can narrow down - exclude some offer models ?

For example there are 2 models of Sintesi available at Tweeks cycles reduced from £2500 to £1500 with Full T800 carbon frame & forks + Full Sram Force & lightweight quality Ritchey wheels (but very limited sizes).

Alternatively there are loads of offers on Cube carbon models from 2013 range & also plenty of sale models from Giant.

Purely from a spec point of view (I read a lot of bike mags) I would avoid Pinerello at this price (it will likely use base level carbon & weigh more than most good aluminium bikes).
The spec will be quite low for your $ too, Tiagra + all own brand wheels & cockpit etc.

Fuji seems interesting.

For want of sounding like a stuck record, Rose or Canyon are your best bets for price, value and quality.

doog

There are bargains out there . Just picked up a Cannondale Supersix (full carbon)Tiagra for £900...ex display model . Ive a CAAD10 105 and struggle to tell the distance between Tiagra and 105 so pulled the trigger when it appeared on ebay.

Bike count is now up to 5 ...oops

Last edited:

SteCenturion

I am your Father
There are bargains out there . Just piked up a Cannondale Supersix (full carbon)Tiagra for £900...ex display model . Ive a CAAD10 105 and struggle to tell the distance between Tiagra and 105 so pulled the trigger when it appeared on ebay.

Bike count is now up to 5 ...oops
5 - 'FIVE' !!

Very understanding missus or no missus that.

Wish I could 'get away with it'.

Top Bottom