new bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I'm going to get one on the sxheme, as I get 32% off. And I can pay it off monthly over a year

Fair enough, so long as you've looked into it.

Final payments - if enforced by your employer - can make the scheme not such a bargain as it first appears.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Fair enough, so long as you've looked into it.

Final payments - if enforced by your employer - can make the scheme not such a bargain as it first appears.
Indeed, its worth checking up on it as the final payment can be 25% of the bikes cost so it ends up basically an inteest free laon with a big final payment , they can defer it for 2-3 years (?) and charge 7 % or mine charge £30 no matter what but its classed as a benefit in kind so affects your tax code.

vickster

Legendary Member
How good is the giant avalanche sport 2015
Giant are a massive global brand

Oh and are you sure it's a giant...Google suggests the avalanche sport is made by GT...not the same company! It's a mountain bike really rather than a road going hybrid
.. that's a bike for more off road stuff due to the suspension..assume you weren't looking for a bike solely for roads. It's more about the bike than the brand and whether it's apprpriate for you and your needs/uses. All of the large brands are very ,I have of a muchness at the same price point in terms of build, quality and components

Did you get a decent test ride of it before ordering?

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I have gone for the giant avalanche sport 2015, my employer don't enforce the final payment

A few employers don't bother with the final payment which makes a big difference to the worth of the scheme to the employee.

The bike you've bought is a GT, a good brand, and slightly unusual for the triple triangle frame design.

It is a mountain bike rather than a hybrid you asked about originally.

Nothing wrong with that, although it will be slower/a bit harder to pedal because of the extra weight and wider tyres.

On t'other hand, it's more versatile.

You have better off-road capability, particularly handy at this time of the year when even some of the designated cycle paths are muddy.

OP
OP
M

Michael86

I wanted something more sturdy, the roads in Coventry are rubbish. I changed the tyres for more road tyres.

OP
OP
M

Michael86

Giant are a massive global brand

Oh and are you sure it's a giant...Google suggests the avalanche sport is made by GT...not the same company! It's a mountain bike really rather than a road going hybrid
.. that's a bike for more off road stuff due to the suspension..assume you weren't looking for a bike solely for roads. It's more about the bike than the brand and whether it's apprpriate for you and your needs/uses. All of the large brands are very ,I have of a muchness at the same price point in terms of build, quality and components

Did you get a decent test ride of it before ordering?
No, I haven't got photo id, which they wanted as a deposit

Top Bottom