New Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grumpydad

I recently finished building my Genesis CDF and have had some fun riding round my local forestry tracks, I've also ridden a couple of 50Km road rides, I noticed my average speeds etc weren't much different to when riding my "road" bike. So, I'm now retiring my road bike, sticking some mudguards on my Genesis and this will now be my road bike with off road abilities, I believe they're called gravel bikes these days, I had so much fun riding around the forestry tracks that I decided that at the age of nearly 59 I needed a mountain bike, I couldn't get to try my first choice which was the Marin Pine Mountain 1, I ended up with the Giant Fathom 2, 1x 12 speed deore, dropper seat post, tubeless 29" wheels, crest forks with 130mm travel, absolutely loving it. And my Genesis is fitted with 700x35 tubless gravelkings which when you see the state of the lanes I ride on are perfect, they will come into their own come hedge cutting season, when I've finished fettling the Genesis I'll post some pictures

Attachments

• 622de249b1ff0a71e7e98174.jpg
    622de249b1ff0a71e7e98174.jpg
    306.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 622de238c656d843f2df84a7.jpg
    622de238c656d843f2df84a7.jpg
    310.7 KB · Views: 12

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I recently finished building my Genesis CDF and have had some fun riding round my local forestry tracks, I've also ridden a couple of 50Km road rides, I noticed my average speeds etc weren't much different to when riding my "road" bike. So, I'm now retiring my road bike, sticking some mudguards on my Genesis and this will now be my road bike with off road abilities, I believe they're called gravel bikes these days, I had so much fun riding around the forestry tracks that I decided that at the age of nearly 59 I needed a mountain bike, I couldn't get to try my first choice which was the Marin Pine Mountain 1, I ended up with the Giant Fathom 2, 1x 12 speed deore, dropper seat post, tubeless 29" wheels, crest forks with 130mm travel, absolutely loving it. And my Genesis is fitted with 700x35 tubless gravelkings which when you see the state of the lanes I ride on are perfect, they will come into their own come hedge cutting season, when I've finished fettling the Genesis I'll post some pictures
You're braver than me using clipless on the MTB, although if it's mostly forestry trails like in the pic it would be ok. I don't trust myself with them with anything remotely technical. :laugh:

OP
OP
grumpydad

grumpydad

You're braver than me using clipless on the MTB, although if it's mostly forestry trails like in the pic it would be ok. I don't trust myself with them with anything remotely technical. :laugh:
The bike came with the standard cheapo plastic flats, which didn't impress on any level, the only spare pedals I had are the clipless ones in the picture, also, I'm too tight to buy new pedals and trainers ^_^ although I am looking at getting some combination pedals like the EH500's.

Top Bottom