new bits in lidls 29/4/10

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by ChrisM, 22 Apr 2010.

1. ChrisM

ChrisM New Member

2. Mark_Robson

Mark_Robson Senior Member

I bought a couple of sets of the rechargable batteries last year and they are fantastic value for the money.

3. ASC1951

ASC1951 Guru

I do like their description of the tent as "ideal for festivals and concerts". i.e. more of a Wendy House.

I'm a big Lidl fan. I just wish they would re-stock the £29.99 garden lounger, now that spring is here and I've retired. Is it possible to order stuff?

4. Jezston

Jezston Über Member

Anyone know how breathable their 'performance jacket's are?
    I'm guessing not a lot.

5. ChrisKH

ChrisKH Veteran

Time for me to stock up on socks. I got the repair kit two years ago, admittedly when it was a bit cheaper. Best investment I have ever made; it has been really useful. No they're not Park Tools but as a kit for occasional repairs it does the trick.

Jackets are not that breathable but I have had three jackets from Lidl and they are very good commuter types. If you need a good jacket for performance cycling, you do have to pay a bit more.

6. mr_cellophane

mr_cellophane Guru

7. youngoldbloke

youngoldbloke The older I get, the faster I used to be ...

Bought the metal track pump last time it was on sale (4.99 then) - recommend it at that price. Only problem I have had after 2 years use was with the connector - replaced it with a Topeak brass chuck.

8. zizou

zizou Veteran

whats the quality of their tool kit like?

9. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman New Member

Wot ChrisKH said up there ^. Mine's seen plenty of use over the past three years - no compaints from me :laugh:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice