New bkool owner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alan w

Hi
just bought a bkool pro and after a couple of attempts to set it up it seems very tempremental and am not convinced of the accuracy. Set up has ranged from trying it in all 4 corners of the room at different distances from the pc,as well as trying to pair with only the bkool and then add speed/cadence and heart rate belt along with some random attepts at uninstalling the ant + software and restarting the pc. After a couple of hours trying it eventually paired but I am not confident it will pair easily next time. More of a workout trying to get it to work than an actual workout.
I have not been consistent with training over past few months due to work and family illness but was using trainer road and found it much easier to set up and the data seemed more accurate.
Have any of the regular bkool users found similar problems and is there a recommended setup or recommended process to ensure it works at least the majority of the time?
Cheers
Alan

RickB

professional procrastinator
Hi Alan

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with it. I believe some people in teh Cyclechat group have had problems getting it to pair or suffering from drop-outs. The solution, which seems to sort the majority of people out, is to get a USB extension cable and place the Ant+ Dongle as close to the rear of the Bkool unit as possible. I think it was out in house Bkool expert Geoff who worked that one out.:bravo:

Although I seemed to have a fairly solid connection with mine I've done the same and havent had a drop out since - always picks it up very quickly. :becool:

Hope this helps. Dont give up on it too quick as once you get up and running you'll fall in love with it despite its quirks.

Rick

OP
OP
A

Alan w

Cheers Rick
Getting it to connect and then sustaining consistent readout has been a problem. Trainer road is so much easier.
However I have ordered a 1.5 mtr extension. Hopefully that will do the trick.
Thanks for the reply

OP
OP
A

Alan w

1.5 m extension arrived at that seems to have worked, gets a strong signal and managed to complete the update in about 2 mins which I abandoned after 3 hours the first try.
I purchased the pro model and according to the bkool website it comes with 1 year premium yet when looking thru the FAQ's it talks about if bought in a store then need a coupon to enter.
I bought mine from Evans and they claim to know nothing about a coupon and the reply from bkool support gave me a coupon number for 3 months for 99p.
Anyone shed some light on the premium situation?
Alan

RickB

1.5 m extension arrived at that seems to have worked, gets a strong signal and managed to complete the update in about 2 mins which I abandoned after 3 hours the first try.
I purchased the pro model and according to the bkool website it comes with 1 year premium yet when looking thru the FAQ's it talks about if bought in a store then need a coupon to enter.
I bought mine from Evans and they claim to know nothing about a coupon and the reply from bkool support gave me a coupon number for 3 months for 99p.
Anyone shed some light on the premium situation?
Alan
Hi Alan

Glad the extension cable worked!

I got the same from Sigmasport - 3 months for 99p. I think you only get the full 12 months for free if you buy direct from Bkool (I-ride) but then you do pay more for the machine from them to compensate.

OP
OP
A

Alan w

Rick
Thanks for confiming that , just a tight Scotsman looking for more of a saving.
As you say still works out cheaper for first year buying from store rather than direct.
It's a pity that whatever ANT+ signal bkool use is not open source as trainer road is much easier to use when training alone but they cannot currently add power pofile for bkool trainer. Although I guess with bkool premium I like the idea training against a ghost or bot, maybe even join a league.
Aaarrrgghh!! too many choices.
Alan

joannaffs

Hi I have had my bkool trainer for a month now and yesterday it would not upload my sessions it just keeps saying error.
I've tried the anti virus advise and still nothing please could someone help I'm addicted to this trainer lol ^_^:bicycle:

Last edited by a moderator:

RickB

Hi I have had my bkool trainer for a month now and yesterday it would not upload my sessions it just keeps saying error.
I've tried the anti virus advise and still nothing please could someone help I'm addicted to this trainer lol ^_^:bicycle:
Only seeing this now. Did you get sorted ok?

Top Bottom