New Boardman CX for commuting / winter miles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike!

Guru
Just got myself a Boardman CX Team so thought I'd share it :-)

Had it for 3 days but not turned a wheel yet as I have tyres (marathon racer) and mudguards coming tomorrow. Once they are fitted my rack and lights will get fitted and I'll be ready to go.

So far have sorted my position, fitted pedals and my GPS.

Main thing to do is tell the wife, there is a reason I am the only one with a key to the bike store!!!

0c074e71.jpg

MattHB

Proud Daddy
Very nice :smile: and :biggrin: about the key!

I'll be looking to sell the crosstrail and buy something similar at the end of the season I think. How does she ride?

Darren862

Main thing to do is tell the wife, there is a reason I am the only one with a key to the bike store!!!

How on earth have you kept it from your wife!!!???? My wife would smell a new bike from 100yrds!!

I have a CX and I love it. I'm sure you'll enjoy yours too. Perfect for commuting.
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
Mike!

Mike!

Guru
Don't know Matt, I haven't had an, erm "opportunity" to ride it yet.....

I have to remove the present commuter before I unveil it!

lejogger

Guru
Just approaching 4000 miles on my Boardman CX... served me well since May, although full strip down and service now required!

It's been generally excellent, although my brakes took a while to bed in. Eventually I changed the pads and haven't had a problem since. Bottom bracket needed regreasing after about 2000 miles, apparently this is a commonish problem. I had a snapped chain too, but I hadn't replaced it after 3000 so my own fault.
It's such a great all rounder. I commute daily on it, I've toured Ireland on it, I go on wet and winter club rides on it... great bike. Enjoy!

OP
OP
Mike!

Mike!

Guru
Thanks for the comments, can't wait to start using it.

I was attracted to it by some of your photos on here, they just seem like a perfect commuter to me.

I travelled a little way to buy it as it wasn't stocked locally, the guy that set it up seemed to know his stuff and mentioned greasing the BB30 before I had a chance to ask about it so I'm confident all will be well.

Top Bottom