New Boardman or older Cannondale?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

str0nach

Hi,

n00b here so hello!

I've been cycling pretty much forever- mostly cross-country and commuting but since moving London-way the commute is too far to cycle (17 miles each way on the A40... yeah I know... I'm a wuss :o) which, coupled with the relative lack of mountains, has seen my cycling activity tail off to nothing :wacko:

However, inspired by the option of a cheap deal on a cycle to work scheme I'm feeling inspired to get a decent road bike and get out and put some miles in.

So I could get a new Boardman Road Comp for around £35/month for a year (rrp £600).

Boardman_Road_COMP.jpg

However: alternatively my Dad has offered to punt on his 4yr old Cannondale Sport Road 1000 for the same money (rrp £1200). It's barely used and well looked after.

4RR1YBLK.jpg

Anyone know much about either of these? New cheaper bike or older more expensive one? My current bikes are both cannondales and have been great but the newest is 10yrs old and neither is a road bike so I feel I'm due an upgrade.

Ta!

RedBike

NO contest their. IMO It has to be the Cannondale.

£600, is probably the top end of what it's worth. Old Alu frames don't seem to keep their value. Even if they are barely used.

OP
OP
str0nach

str0nach

RedBike said:
NO contest their. IMO It has to be the Cannondale.

£600, is probably the top end of what it's worth. Old Alu frames don't seem to keep their value. Even if they are barely used.

Cheers RB. Cannondale bought and being delivered tomorrow. Got it for £400 so hopefully a good deal?! Just need to get fit again now so I can go far enough on it to justify its existence ;)

Alves

Yup the 'Dale wins the credibility battle by a long way. Now you only have to look the part yourself.

Top Bottom