New Bob Dylan Album.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Oxo

Guru
Been a fan since his Freewheelin days. Like all Dylan albums you need to get to grips with the lyrics and this album needs more than a cursory listen to fully appreciate It.
Highly recommended.

tyred

Legendary Member
I love Dylan, although generally prefer his earlier stuff. I've listened to a few tracks from this and I'm pretty impressed. I didn't think he still had it in him. I may be about to purchase my first album in quite some time.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Bob Dylan, the only gig I have ever walked out of due to extreme boredom. I think I was expecting much more from him. He's just not my bag.
But at least when he pops his clogs I can say I did see him.
I did that with Neil Young at Reading one year at the third day of his guitar solo... (even though Pearl Jam was his backing band), so I've seen Neil Young

D

Deleted member 26715

But at least when he pops his clogs I can say I did see him.
I thought he had years ago, never understood the appeal, I'll not be bothering to listen unless a track makes smooth Radios 100 tracks a day list

D

Deleted member 26715

Love a good Dylan album. 1997's Time Out of mind is still a big favourite of mine.

Here's another lot in there 70's still doing it.

View: https://youtu.be/WcAXmowLuM8

Isn't that Stan Lee?

Globalti

Legendary Member
Surely Dylan can't have been worse than poor creaky old Gordon Lightfoot whose voice has completely gone? At least his band were good and we enjoyed their music.

Saw Dylan and Neil Young at Hyde Park last year.

NY was great.

Dylan was by a long way the worst gig I have ever been subjected to. Within minutes of him arriving on stage the crowd was thinning. We left after 30mins of being bored by incomprehensible reworkings of old tracks and a delivery that was identical for each song. Light show was static and stage dark between tracks as Dylan wandered around seemingly at random.

When we left folks were streaming out.
If you ever get asked to do karaoke, choose a Dylan song - no one will say he can sing it better

Seevio

Guru
When I'm on my deathbed, I won't look back on my life and wish I had heard those two tracks again. On the other hand, if they make anyone else feel good, I'm fine with increasing the net happiness in the world.

Top Bottom