New boy from Kent

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tony Martin

Hello existing members,
Hoping to get in contact with other cyclists in east Kent or else where who have an interest in Condor cycles for exchange of ideas/veiws and networking. Not just Condor though, just in case you think I'm elitest.
Cheers
Tony Martin

Chrisz

Über Member
Ah ha!! Welcome neighbour - you're just down the road from me :laugh:

Not heard of Condor Cycles I'm afraid

Willo

Welcome to the forum - I'm just down the road near Ashford. Don't ride a Condor, but a pal at work has just bought one through the C2W and its a lovely bike. Maybe I'll have a look next time the C2W scheme opens again later this year - I like the look of one of their cyclocross bikes for the winter.

Chrisz

Über Member
Willo, you ever get out with the Ashford Wheelers? Club rub Sunday 9am outside Driveline Renault Showrooms on Chart Road. Feel free to come join us :biggrin:

Willo

Thanks chrisz, just checked their website. I'm might be a tad slow for a club run but am fairly fit so will check it out when i get some time to go for a cycle at a more sociable hour (currently family, work etc. usually rule out Sun mornings at the mo)

OP
OP
T

Tony Martin

Hi Chrsz

Chrisz said:
Willo, you ever get out with the Ashford Wheelers? Club rub Sunday 9am outside Driveline Renault Showrooms on Chart Road. Feel free to come join us :smile:

Hi Chrisz, just saw you message to Willo and thought I might introduce myself. Listed as Tony Martin on Cycle Chat If you wan't to have a butchers. Live in Faversham, just up the road and have posted a message to any cyclists from East Kent who wish to liaise/network. Currently totally unfit due to weather (sorry woos) but the bikes ready, all I need is a little sunshine and some temperatures over 10 degrees. Usually do 20 miles a night around Doddington, Otterden and Eastling which encompasses a bit of everything. Best bit is from Otterden back to Fav, it's all down hill for 7 miles and you can cane it. I'm not a fitness freak due to age and other family stuff but enjoy a ride out to the coast etc. Cheers

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
Tony Martin said:
Usually do 20 miles a night around Doddington, Otterden and Eastling which encompasses a bit of everything. Best bit is from Otterden back to Fav, it's all down hill for 7 miles and you can cane it.

Ah, memories! I originally hailed from Sittingbourne, and used to cycle all over the area you mentioned round Doddington and further afield. I remember cycling to Springfield in Maistone to change my library books, and the best bit after climbing Detling Hill was the downhill stint to Stockbury. You can tell that was a long time ago, I don't think it would be safe these days with the amount of traffic.

The part of Germany I now live in south of Heidelberg called the Kraichgau is very much home from home if you come from Kent, with rolling hills and pleasant countryside and the occasional village. Not as good as the real thing, mind you, even though you can cycle through vineyards!

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Howdo and welcome. I'm at the opposite corner of Kent (namely the dirty bit with London in) but get down your way from time to time. Good riding and welcome aboard.

Top Bottom