new boy in the saddle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stevei T

Afternoon all.
At the age of slightly over 40 i decided to stop looking like a food junkie/ beer monster.
Last March i dug my mountain bike from the back of the shed and talked myself into a bike ride. 5 miles later and nearly dead i questioned my sanity. 1 year on and 2 stone lighter im doing the c2c this whitsun.
Self back slapping over, i wonder if anyone can help with a couple of querys i have.
  1. What is the best rear tyre for a mountain bike which is used predominently on the road, but also around the sea wall and fields where i live. (At the moment i have a high pressure panaracer which seems to have a stone attracting magnet attached).
  2. Is there really that much difference between a mountain bike and a hybrid for road use.
Sorry if this is long winded for a 1st post but i've got the bug badly.

Stevei T.

RyanW

The abominable Bikeman
Hey and welcome,

Your questions might be better placed in the beginners and riding section of the forums,
but as for question 2, when i moved to a hybrid from a MTB i noticed a huge difference. When you ride hard on a MTB some of the effort is put into compressing the suspension. IE wasted. Also find they feel smoother.

Just what i found

Ryan

Top Bottom