new brake pads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Heigue'r

Veteran
Hello all, Im looking to get a new set of brake pads, what should I be looking for? Wheels are zondas,tektro brakes, may upgrade these to 105 calipers while im at it but happy to try new pads first, I realise very similar to brake thread running at the min but didnt want to hijack that one
Thanks
Vincent

Hello all, Im looking to get a new set of brake pads, what should I be looking for? Wheels are zondas,tektro brakes, may upgrade these to 105 calipers while im at it but happy to try new pads first, I realise very similar to brake thread running at the min but didnt want to hijack that one
Thanks
Vincent

image.jpg

These. They are direct replacements for the rubber inserts on the 105 / Ultegra / Dura ace carriers. I thought I'd hit something when I pulled on 'em for the first time, and the rims were wet. I didn't realise I'd taken a photo with them on a cocktail menu either.

:huh:

BigAl68

Über Member
Those shimano ones are good but I did find they didn't last too long. I am using clarkes ones at the moment the three colour ones. They were cheap at a bike jumble and work a treat on my zondas

Kevoffthetee

On the road to nowhere
I've just had some Uberbike triple compound road pads arrive yesterday which I'll be fitting in the morning before heading out. Very good feedback and recommendations from the fast lads at our cycle club

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Koolstop Salmon or Swisstop Green.

Much softer compounds than the Shimano pads, so they don't last forever, but on the upside, they don't pick up loads of crap which trashes your rims.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Koolstop Salmon or Swisstop Green.

Much softer compounds than the Shimano pads, so they don't last forever, but on the upside, they don't pick up loads of crap which trashes your rims.
Agreed, although I'd add Fibrax X-Treme into that - similar in performance to the Koolstop Salmon.

Sillyoldman

Veteran
Swissstop BXP are great IMHO. I had Greens before which lasted over 4000 miles. The BXPs were the latest and supposedly greatest and to date haven't dissapointed.

Top Bottom