New Brooks Saddle Care

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thistler

Veteran
I just got a brand new Brooks B17S but it didn't come with any kind of instruction/care booklet. I have a can of Proofide but am not quite sure what I am supposed to do - is there a Brooks online resource anywhere?  I did have a look at their website but didn't find any 'care' section - maybe I looked in the wrong place.... :blush:

martint235

Dog on a bike
I just got a brand new Brooks B17S but it didn't come with any kind of instruction/care booklet. I have a can of Proofide but am not quite sure what I am supposed to do - is there a Brooks online resource anywhere? I did have a look at their website but didn't find any 'care' section - maybe I looked in the wrong place.... :blush:

Did it not have the little booklet in the box then?

Put lots of Proofide underneath the saddle, cover the whole underside. DO NOT RUB OFF

Put a light coating over the top of the saddle. let it dry, rub it off. Repeat every 50 miles or so for a month or so seems to be the best plan. Don't over do the proofide.

I'm sure other people will be along with other advice. I've only had my Brooks a couple of weeks.

CyclingCat

Don't over-do the proofide.

If you are unfortunate to get it wet, don't sit on it.

It's well worth getting the special spanner made by brooks - makes tightening easier. No spanner slips.

And of course enjoy it. It's the most bum-friendly saddle ever!

Top Bottom