New Canyon Ultimate Cf SL DB 7.0

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DaveM77

I ordered the Canyon Endurace back in June but changed my mind to the Ultimate 2 weeks ago. Was so easy to do via Canyon online chat service. Was told delivery date wouldn’t be until end of August but that didn’t bother me. Friday it arrived.
Unboxed and a brief assembly before I hit the pub. My intention was to finish build Saturday morning and take it out on my normal 15mile circuit only to find front derailleur wouldn’t shift. No tension in it. The bike was supposed to be tested before it left factory in Germany 🙄
Having limited experience with bikes I phoned my 2 LBS’s only to be told earliest to get bike in would be Mid August. So after watching a couple of vids on YouTube and reading Shimano manual I managed to get everything working. Saturday’s weather was awful and being a fair weather rider only I postponed test ride til this morning.
So off I set. My normal circuit is fairly hilly so is a nice little run. Bike was so smooth and felt quick. The first hill on my route on my old Vitus Razor I would always be out of the saddle trying to get up it, on the Canyon I stayed seated and went up without much effort. Amazing already. On the flatter sections I felt the Canyon just wanted to keep getting quicker. I’m not the fastest of riders but I found I was averaging 19mph on flats and slight inclines. This carried on all the way home. The only downside was hitting some strong headwinds on the final 5miles. Last steep hill home I was out of the seat powering up with no problem. No flex from wheels and bike felt solid. Im not a small rider either; 6’5” and 16stone. Can’t wait to get out on a longer route this week.
If anyone is thinking of a new bike then I would recommend this one.

Attachments

• 3D264C97-1548-4FF4-90AE-08EAC75BF43A.jpeg
    3D264C97-1548-4FF4-90AE-08EAC75BF43A.jpeg
    284.7 KB · Views: 61
Nice bike - what groupset does it have ? Looks so clean.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Very nice, I always think blue is the best colour for a bike 👍. Shame about the setup, so much for German thoroughness and efficiency :sad:. Enjoy.

Top Bottom