New Canyon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I took the plunge and bought a Canyon Endurace 8. di2 disc, just arrived, set it up and took it for a short spin. First impressions, quite good, it probably needs a bit more setting up and getting used to, first time I've tried Di2 and discs.

The seat post feels springy, almost like it has suspension, not too sure I like that tbh.

Discs probably need a bit of adjustment, I like to feel some stopping happening earlier on in the lever.

Di2 front shift makes a squeaky noise when shifting, electric motor I assume, I'll put it up on the stand and have a look.

Other than that, quite impressed.

sheddy

Legendary Member
picture please !

OP
OP
oldgreyandslow
I've moved the saddle down slightly post ride and will try another ride early tomorrow and take a few pics, I'm also going to see if I can set up auto shifting.

durianrider

Noise from discs and inability to fine tune like you can on rim brakes is totally normal as well.

Only rim brakes let you fine tune to the exact mm. With discs you can't do that. Rubbing and squealing is totally normal at different parts of your ride as well. Look at the TOC recently with the rider who almost crashed 5 times on the DH because his brakes stuffed up. Look how loud they were. He still won the stage though because his gap was big enough.

OP
OP
oldgreyandslow
Couldn't get on with what I felt was a bouncy seat post, the bike came with the S14 post which is spilt to create a leaf spring kind of arrangement and give 20mm of vertical movement apparently. So I changed it to the Canyon S13 which is a normal design but with up to 35mm layback and it has made a difference but the bike still feels a little bit bouncy. I wonder if it's because it's carbon and there's quite a lot of exposed post. Having said that it is pretty comfortable, although I have noticed when I'm climbing in the big ring if I drop to the small ring, whilst upshifting the rear a few cogs to try and keep the overall gear ratio fairly close it does lose momentum very quickly. I'm sure it's just a case of getting some more miles in to acclimatise myself with it.

durianrider

Couldn't get on with what I felt was a bouncy seat post, the bike came with the S14 post which is spilt to create a leaf spring kind of arrangement and give 20mm of vertical movement apparently. So I changed it to the Canyon S13 which is a normal design but with up to 35mm layback and it has made a difference but the bike still feels a little bit bouncy. I wonder if it's because it's carbon and there's quite a lot of exposed post. Having said that it is pretty comfortable, although I have noticed when I'm climbing in the big ring if I drop to the small ring, whilst upshifting the rear a few cogs to try and keep the overall gear ratio fairly close it does lose momentum very quickly. I'm sure it's just a case of getting some more miles in to acclimatise myself with it.

Easy fix for this is to hit the climb in the little ring. Stay with 90rpm and hold your watts. You won't lose ANY momentum this way because your gear shifts are just cadence optimised and your power is constant.

Top Bottom