New car brands

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gwylan

Veteran
They keep advertising on my TV.

Just weird aspirational video but scarcely telling much about the vehicle.

Do they only do white cars?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Apparently Teslas only come in white unless you pay more (from my boss who has one).

I think Dacia might have stolen one colour only from Henry Ford back in the day.
"Any customer can have a car painted any colour that he wants, so long as it is black."

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I've been noticing that the new white or black is
now 'battleship grey'. Anybody else noticed this depressing trend?

Another thing I've noticed is that cars , particularly 4x4s are looking almost exactly the same now. There's a Toyota and a Hyundai I think parked in my son's school and they're virtually indistinguishable, even the same colour. Maybe it's just the far Eastern manufacturers. I'll post a pic .

Last edited:

tyred

Legendary Member
I've been noticing that the new white or black is
now 'battleship grey'. Anybody else noticed this depressing trend?

Yes indeed. Why do people choose such dull, boring colours? It's seems to be especially common on VAG products around here.

I was in the market for a used Yaris recently and was determined not to buy one in silver or grey.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I was in the market for a used Yaris recently and was determined not to buy one in silver or grey.
I've got a Yaris, only it's called a Vitz, from Japan. You might know they have RHD there, like UK but they convert them to LHD for here. A dull rather boring car but ultra reliable. It's got the CVT transmission which makes it a accelerate like an asthmatic camel. It's silver :sad:

tyred

Legendary Member
I've got a Yaris, only it's called a Vitz, from Japan. You might know they have RHD there, like UK but they convert them to LHD for here. A dull rather boring car but ultra reliable. It's got the CVT transmission which makes it a accelerate like an asthmatic camel. It's silver :sad:

It's the reliability thing is what I'm hoping for after a year with a Skoda Fabia that has been a bottomless money pit and if possible is even more bland than a Yaris.

Mine is a 1 litre manual so no sports cars but I'd say it is lively enough for a small engined supermini. It also drives pretty well and I'm impressed with the use of interior space.

I'm hoping it will save me money and free up cash for my Peugeot 205 project which is my first motoring love.

Top Bottom