New car ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Surely that was a 120 or 130?
My mum had the saloon version (4 door) and I mostly learnt to drive in it. It had about four inches of play on the gearstick with the long linkage and if you braked hard the front wheels locked up. Great to work on as the whole back panel came off to access the engine.

I had to google it to get the right model. The 120/130 were a bit later and had a radiator grille at the front (and a sideways opening 'bonnet')
The 100's didn't have a front grille. My parents had the 4 door version (110LS - it had twin headlights like the coupe) of the picture I posted, I was a little young at the time to make any comment on its performance. Having said that the 120/130 may just have been updated versions of it.

It did however replace an A35 van so was an improvement in comfort and space. The van had its indicator switch in the middle of the dashboard too.

Those CX estates look great ! I reckon you could camp in one of those !

you can!

Arch

Married to Night Train
Those CX estates look great ! I reckon you could camp in one of those !

Even more useful, you can carry a trike, a bike and a boat in/on one...

french trip 1.jpg

Brilliant, and it was like the Millenium Falcon. Looked ropey, but went like a bat off a shovel. And it even had a space age looking steering wheel.

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
A mate of mine had one of these when we were at primary school.

Every morning when he got dropped off he was met with about 10 kids going: "Eeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaawwwww-Eeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaawwwww-Eeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaawwwww" a la Ghostbusters!

I have to say, they now look pretty cool.

Cool.

My big sister had a stretch CX with three rows of seats. It was an enormous thing! But pretty unreliable as well...Like this one:

500x_npocpcxthreequarter.jpg

Top Bottom