New cassette, chain?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Hi, I've just changed my cassette, however my chain has probably done 1000 miles should I be changing that aswell? Cheers.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
It's never a good idea to change the cassette without fitting a new chain, so I would.

OP
OP
Justinslow

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Bugger, thought so, just a slow test ride round the block was giving strange noises from the rear. Any suggestions for a good quality bright 9 speed chain to go with my new Ultegra cassette?

OP
OP
Justinslow

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
chainreaction have Ultegra 9 spd cassette + chain for 40 quid if any good ?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/shimano-ultegra-6500-9sp-cassette-chain-bundle/rp-prod126507

about to buy the 10 spd version

Edit

too much beer and not reading folks post :tongue: Pity you didn`t see the bundle as I`m sure this would have saved you some cash? Plus there was the option of a dura ace chain with that as well for same money ?

Just bought the cassette from them, should have got the chain aswell!

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
only spotted as looking myself as shifting is a bit iffy and this chain has done currently over 2.5k miles and is stretched a bit according to my 12 inch rule :tongue: Also looking for a 12-23 for the back.

OP
OP
Justinslow

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
I went for the 11-23, they have a dura ace 9 sp chain for £15 with 114 links not sure if that would be suitable

Top Bottom