New cassette & rear changer needed.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

beatlejuice

Gently does it...
Chain Reaction Cycle have some good end of session bargains. So I am going to buy a SRAM PG950 Cassette 11 -34 9sp with a Shimano Deore Rear Derailleur M591 for my Specialized Sirrus Elite. I need lower gearing for nasty hills! Could anyone suggest a suitable chain to go with this? Thanks in advance.

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Chains tend to be a personal thing, but you won't go far wrong with a SRAM or KMC. Just make sure you get a nine speed version.

OP
OP
beatlejuice

beatlejuice

Gently does it...
The stock rear changer on the Sirrus isn't large enough to take a 34 tooth sprocket so that's why I am planning to fit a Deore Rear Derailleur M591. It's an MTB long cage job. I want the SRAM block instead of a Shimano because they don't have such a gap between the bottom gear and the next one up.

Chain Reaction Cycle have some good end of session bargains. So I am going to buy a SRAM PG950 Cassette 11 -34 9sp with a Shimano Deore Rear Derailleur M591 for my Specialized Sirrus Elite. I need lower gearing for nasty hills! Could anyone suggest a suitable chain to go with this? Thanks in advance.

sounds like a good idea - where can I find out eactly what cogs make up an 11-34 SRAM - SRAM website is not very forthcoming

Top Bottom