New challange on my commute

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
In my workplace (a hospital) a set of road signs has appeared. It has a little wind turbine and a solar panel on top (very eco-friendly) to power the road sign. It's one of those speed limit signs that light up when you go over the limit.

The best bit though is the speed it will be set at..... 15mph!:ohmy:

They aren't working yet, however, I look forward to posting video clips of me getting the sign to light up........ not that I would go any faster than 15mph you understand...:blush:

mosschops2

So is the challange to get the light to come on??

OP
OP
M

magnatom

mosschops2 said:
So is the challange to get the light to come on??

There aren't many high buildings around so it is generally quite windy at this point of my commute. I tend to have the wind behind me going one way and the wind in my face going the other way (they have been installed these gadgets on both sides of the road).

So the challenge is to be under 15mph with a tail wind and to be over 15mph with a head wind!
:blush:

buggi

Bird Saviour
we had one at work. it had a smiley face for if you was under the speed limit and a sad face if you were over. it was actually quite effective. dunno why they took it down.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
I keep waiting for a speed trap on Carrington Road, the buildings to the south (between Crewe Rd & Fettes Ave) are Lothian and Borders Police HQ. I was doing 28mph along there this morning (not one of my faster days) when a car passed me at well over 40mph, normally they don't try to pass if I am going over 25mph.:blush:

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
The morning the speed camera in the middle of the cyclepath along Broomhouse flashed me was a proud moment, until I realised it was snapping the car streaking along the road the other way....

D'oh. :blush:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Bahh:sad: Didn't seem to set the one off into work, despite flying along at an astonishing 20mph. Maybe the sign isn't working yet. On the way home I'll try cycling blowing my chest out a bit as I pass to see if that helps:tongue:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

I am a happy man.

1210928503_ff8abed973_o.jpg

:biggrin:

domtyler

Über Member
There's a 30mph one after you come off the bow flyover on the A11 eastbound that is normally pretty easy to set off unless there is a ferocious headwind like there has been for the past few days.

Top Bottom