New commute suggestions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mynydd

Veteran
hi all
After suggestions for a new commuter.
I live at 1300 feet and commute to work at sea level every day, in all weathers.
So, I want something with hydraulic disks (have them on my Canyon, and love them) and really good, easy gearing for coming home........
Something simple, and as cheap as possible via the c2w scheme
I’ve been using a Tricross daily for the last four years, but really want something with discs now after too many wet mornings when I have to walk downhill......
I’m after a really simple, cheap, workhorse
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Last edited:

MiK1138

Veteran
Boardman Team Hybrid Disk Brakes and a 32/12 on the back I can climb walls on mine Watch for it on Sale at Halfords

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
8A0D3247-F1DC-4764-81AA-7A4D70A82176.jpeg
Holdsworth Elan from Planet X, steel frame, mechanical discs and Sora group set, a great workhorse for only £499.
https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CBHOLELANSORA/holdsworth-elan-shimano-sora-r3000-disc-road-bike View attachment 383562

Holdsworth Stelvio with frame mounts for full mudguards/pannier rack for £599.
https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CBHOL...vio-shimano-sora-r3000-touring-adventure-bike

You say cheap, what is your budget?
I’m struggling to find anything cheap with Hydraulic discs.

Attachments

• BA5DE2CD-0D60-4EE5-9DC1-453AE7ED174D.jpeg
    BA5DE2CD-0D60-4EE5-9DC1-453AE7ED174D.jpeg
    82.1 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member

Whyte RD-7 framed bike (Dorset, Suffolk etc.) - I have a Dorset from 2014 that I've upgraded to 105 + TRP HyRds (same spec as the Suffolk was which I actually wanted but there was no stock).

Still love riding it.

OP
OP
mynydd

mynydd

Veteran
Ha ha.... actually I have been thinking this may be the way to go in a few years time.... the hill Home isnt getting any smaller....

Re my original question, I’ve decided to buy new bits and pieces for my current commuter, new wheel rims and decent brake pads should help with the stopping. And I e realised I really like the gearing for the homeward journey.....

Thanks for all the suggestions though

Top Bottom