New commuter - advice please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Superlazer

Hi all,

I am looking at starting to commute to work at least a few days a week and I must admit it's a while since I've been on a bike!

I'm pretty fit so confident I'll be ok with that side of it after a few rides - work is about 15 miles away.

The question I have is I am split between a couple of bikes, a bike shop recommended the Claud butler legend or urban 500 - shows the budget I am looking at.

Which one of these would be more suitable in your opinions. The route is on roads, small part of bike track and some unadopted roads - not too bad though.

Any advice would be great - including any other bikes out there I should look into.

Ta!

calibanzwei

Slightly different riding styles with the Urban to the Legend, but both would be suitable for the route you mention - best advice is to ride both and see which you prefer. A lot of this is down to personal preference.

EDIT: I prefer the look of the Urban :biggrin:

OP
OP
S

Superlazer

Thanks fort info I'll get on em both and have a go. I'll be honest I do prefer the urban but trying to weigh up the practicality of the legend too...

Hi all,

I am looking at starting to commute to work at least a few days a week and I must admit it's a while since I've been on a bike!

I'm pretty fit so confident I'll be ok with that side of it after a few rides - work is about 15 miles away.

The question I have is I am split between a couple of bikes, a bike shop recommended the Claud butler legend or urban 500 - shows the budget I am looking at.

Which one of these would be more suitable in your opinions. The route is on roads, small part of bike track and some unadopted roads - not too bad though.

Any advice would be great - including any other bikes out there I should look into.

Ta!

For a thirty mile round trip, you might be better with a road bike or perhaps a cyclocross style bike.

Top Bottom