New Commuter BIke

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
I've been commuting on a MTB with full nobblies for about 12 months but on
Thursday the bike died. Today I went to get a replacement and found a hard tail with front suspension, full mudguards and normal road tyres. Tomorrow I will see how it goes for the full commute but a 26 Km ride this afternoon made me return with a smile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just4fun

nice one on the new bike. if 26 km is your warm up for the full commute thats some serious cycling you do!

col

Legendary Member
Getting a new bike is great isnt it, Im chomping at the bit now, but its too late says MLML :biggrin:

Only time I'm going to get a new bike is when one of the old ones finally dies - and showing no signs yet, even with the 30+ year old commuter (Galaxy). In fact, it's just possible the bikes I have now will see me into my dotage and I may never need to buy another bike.

J4CKO

beanzontoast said:
Only time I'm going to get a new bike is when one of the old ones finally dies - and showing no signs yet, even with the 30+ year old commuter (Galaxy). In fact, it's just possible the bikes I have now will see me into my dotage and I may never need to buy another bike.

I can see that, but don;t you fancy a nice new shiny one occasionally ?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
beanzontoast said:

N+1 or 2.......no need to get rid of the old ones...that's my theory.... :bicycle:

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Keith Oates said:
I've been commuting on a MTB with full nobblies for about 12 months
your mileage, nearly 18mph average, and that's what you've been using, you make me sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom